Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Sel de la Terre- Boylston St Boston, MA

Amy's Rating: B
Sel De La Terre on Boylston!!!

http://www.seldelaterre.com/

I chose this restaurant in the back bay last night because I had a $40 Groupon (love love Groupon).  The restaurant is right near the hotel Mandarin and includes two floors. The downstairs is more casual style bar with pub/cafe style food and the "fine dining" upstairs.  My friend and I decided on the fine dining...

My meal:
 5 different types of bread to choose from which is always nice.

App: Baby arugula salad, baked aged goat cheese, toasted pine nuts, pickled red onion; balsamic 
Entree:  Roasted east coast halibut, ASF spinach, garlic confit potatoes, hollandaise

Wine:  Sauvignon blanc from New Zealand.  The wine list is HUGE, so if you are a wine-o, it is perfect.

The salad was large for a starter size but a little plain, I would have liked some more color in it (veggies).   Halibut was perfectly cooked and I always love fingerling potatoes because they aren't at my local Shaw's.  As for the hollandaise sauce, I am not a huge fan but they only had a little on the side of the plate so I was happy it wasn't all over my fish.

Ambiance:
The dining room is very "date nightish" with white linens, candlelight etc. However, if you are laid back like me, a first date in the bar downstairs with a drink and their pub menu would be fun and wouldn't break the bank.

Service:
No complaints all very helpful and attentive.
I was told to rate if they have cute servers for my male friends.  I actually only had male servers so I am not sure.

If you don't feel like spending $$ the bar has a special for every Monday from 5-7pm they have $2.50 sliders!

Also they offer a monthly 3-course meal for $33 which is the same price as Boston's restaurant week. I was intrigued but didn't like the choices.

I would go back if I had the money to eat there a lot, otherwise I may try the bar food downstairs and get a cocktail.  

1 comment:

  1. Let's go somewhere when I'm in town! You should add pics of the food :)

    ReplyDelete