Monday, August 22, 2011

Samurai Boston

Amy's Rating: C+

http://www.samurai-boston.com/

I hit up Samurai on Boylston Street Saturday night for some dinner which is located in the heart of back bay and next to the Thai favorite, Chilli Duck.

My meal:

Appetizer:  House Garden Salad with house dressing and Edamame.  I also split a sushi roll with my friend called, Coco Salmon-cajun seasoned salmon, avocado w/wasabi & basil sauce in coconut shrimp.
 
Entree:  Sushi rolls, spicy yellowtail, salmon and tuna. 




Drink:  Some sort of martini with grapefruit.

The garden salad was very large and the house dressing was typical Japanese style ginger dressing.

I was not impressed with my entree sushi rolls.  I have much better tasting sushi at other restaurants.  The coco salmon was tasty but couldn't really taste the coconut.  I did have a lot of wasabi on it though so I could have been missing the flavor.

I didn't think the drink was strong but it was tasty.  I usually am a little buzzed after one martini but not with this one.






Ambiance:
What I did like, is that there are small tables which look like mini bars to have drinks or eat sushi with bar stools.  At the tables, they have loose cushions to sit on which reminds me of Japanese decor.

Service:
Service was perfectly fine.

Price:
Sushi is expensive but this place was priced the same as other Japanese restaurants.  Not cheap.

They do have Korean food too (pictured above), which may be good to try but I wouldn't come back for sushi. 

1 comment:

  1. your blog background contains a picture of cloves and our village almost every house has a clove tree and is one of the annual livelihoods for our village

    ReplyDelete