Friday, August 5, 2011

Legal Test Kitchen-Seaport

Amy's Rating: B-

After waiting for a while at the Barking Crab, my friend and I decided to walk around and look for something different.  I was in the mood for seafood, so Legal Test Kitchen was the best choice and had only a 5 minute wait for table.

My meal:

Entree:  Baked Boston Scrod with lemon caper sauce with  green beans and potato salad.

Wine:  Riesling

I was disappointed the summer vegetable wasn't corn on the cob but the green beans were fresh and crisp.  Scrod was tasty and moist, I ate it all up. Potato salad was okay, better than your local deli but nothing special.

Ambiance:
The dining room is kinda swanky and there are TV's all around (not just in the bar) to catch the Red Sox game, which I liked of course.

Service:
We had a very peppy and enthusiastic server especially for it being 9pm.  She was very nice and offered to change my sides if I didn't like the potato salad. 
As for the hotness of the hostesses for my male readers.... all cute girls (hostesses, servers etc.).


Price:
My meal with wine was only $24.  I think that is a bargain for a good piece of fish and will not hurt my bank account.

If you want something more elegant, legal sea foods is across the street and they have a new patio/roofdeck looking over the water and of course Morton's steakhouse (but I haven't been there yet).
I think I would have rather been to the Barking Crab than LTK but it was okay for second choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment