Sunday, August 14, 2011

LaFamiglia Giorgio-North End

Amy's Rating: B


http://www.lafamigliagiorgio.com/menu.htm
Located in the heart of the North End, La Famiglia Giorgio never fails me.   I have been to this place a few times and also have swung by to grab take out for dinner.  The amount of food they give you is large enough for 2 to 3 meals or easily can be split between people for family style dining.  


My meal:


Appetizer: GARDEN SALAD -Cucumbers, diced red onions, Green and Black olives, plump cherry tomatoes on a bed of fresh iceberg lettuce.

Entree:  Linguine with FRA DIAVOLO -Sautéed olive oil & garlic with red onions, jalapenos and crushed red peppers in a Marinara sauce.

Wine:  Sauvignon Blanc, Bell, Lake County, CA., 2008

The garden salad was a decent size but nothing special with a light vinaigrette dressing.  It wasn't iceberg lettuce but romaine which I prefer so I enjoyed that. 


I love anything with a little spice so I chose the FRA DIAVOLO  red sauce with my fresh pasta.   I have had this before and liked it.  I have also had the pesto sauce there, which is also tasty.  



Ambiance:
I wouldn't say this is the most romantic place in the North End compared to all the other places in the vicinity.   There are two floors which makes room for more tables compared to other restaurants tucked away in the North End.


Service:
Sorry fellows, no pretty ladies working the tables.  This is one of those places where they ask what you want and you get what you get.  They aren't really big on catering to your liking or serving to your needs. 

Price:
With 6 people, multiple apps, entrees, bottles of wine. and beers, we each paid $26 plus tip. Bargain!



So why do I keep coming back to this place with lousy service and not so nice ambiance in the North End?


The food is delicious and  I love the extra large portions!! There is a rule they have though; if you want to split an entree with your date or friend you have to order an appetizer (which sadly does not include a garden salad) but there are a lot of great choices.


I am not sure I would take someone on a first date there but for good food at a really reasonable price with great friends, I always come back to LaFamiglia Giorgio.



No comments:

Post a Comment